Mazatlan is ready to welcome all visitors who wish to enjoy the maximum holiday of the port: Mazatlan International Carnival 2014 “Litoralia: Skin of the Sea” which this year expects to break record of assistance.
With an extensive security operation including traffic officers, public security institutions, civil protection, Red Cross, modules of complaints and customer care, firefighters, between others, the State Government in conjunction with the City of Mazatlan announced that more than 1,500 elements will participate in the Special Operative of Security to be implemented during the Mazatlan Carnival 2014.
- Coastal Walk – Olas Altas (Thursday 27 to Wednesday morning March 5 from 16:00 to 07:00 hours the following day).
- Olas Altas (07:00 – 16:00 hours will allow access to suppliers).
- Area Parade (Sunday March 2 will start from 07:00 hours clearing vehicles in Olas Altas, Paseo Claussen, Del Mar Avenue and a section of Rafael Buelna Avenue to Reforma Avenue. Area of parade will close at 14:00 hours).
- Mardi Gras (From 08:00 hours start closing the vehicular circulation from Coastal Walk to the Rafael Buelna Avenue to the Shield).
For it, there will spread out elements that will operate the semaphores with electronic manual controls to give it fluency to the traffic.
Official Calendar “Litoralia: Skin of the Sea”
Thursday February 27
- Coronation of the King of Joy
- Opening Gastronomic
- Dance of Fantasy
Friday February 28
- Coronation Queen of the Floral Games
Saturday March 1
- Carnival Queen Coronation
- Burning of Bad Humor
- Naval Combat
Sunday March 2
- First Carnival Parade
Monday March 3
- Coronation Queen Children
- Children’s Dance
- Banda El Recodo Concert in Olas Altas
Tuesday March 4
- Second Carnival Parade
- Banda Los Recoditos Concert in Olas Altas