Nowadays the need of protection and preservation of the natural resources, the beauty of the landscapes, water quality, cultural integrity and biological diversity around us has become the basis on which will define the activities and policies of a company, in order to achieve a balanced and sustainable development economically, socially and environmentally.
This is how the Sustainable Tourism in Mexico was born than in its purest sense is an industry committed to make a low impact on the environment and local culture, while at the same time helping to generate income and employment for local people.
According to the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), the principles that define the Sustainable Tourism are:
- Natural and cultural resources are conserved for continued use in the future, at the time that they bring benefits.
- Tourism development is planned and managed so that it does not cause serious environmental or socio-cultural problems.
- Environmental quality is maintained and improved.
- It seeks to maintain a high level of satisfaction of the visitors and the destiny retains its prestige and commercial potential.
- The benefits of tourism are widely spread across the whole society.
These features make the Sustainable Tourism in Mexico a strategy tool for local economic development.
Certificate of Environmental Tourist Quality. Committed to continue being distinguished as a socially responsible company is honored to announce that the Federal Attorney for Environmental Protection (PROFEPA) has awarded the Certificate of Environmental Tourist Quality with effect until August 2016 at Hotel Playa Mazatlan who has decided to voluntarily participate in the National Environmental Audit Program to improve performance and lead a productive life in harmony with the environment and society.