One of the most fun and that you should do on your next visit to Mazatlan, is to go to shopping. Here we will give you some tips and recommendations that will make your day shopping, an experience, unforgettable.
Crafts. What better souvenir to take a piece hand carved that takes implicit the creativity and dedication of our craftsmen. From handicrafts made of clay, to sea shells, wood, silver; in Mazatlan you will find a wide range of options, including:
- Sea Shell Museum. Opened in November 1979 in the Golden Zone of Mazatlan, in the Shell Museum you can admire a splendid collection of shells, snails and marine remains on display in this room, and you can also buy beautiful handicrafts made mainly of marine products.
- Casa Antigua. Located in a 19th century mansion in the historic center of Mazatlan, offers a unique space for silver, paper mache and clay, where visitors can admire and purchase crafts from Mazatlan and other parts of Mexico such as Chiapas, Oaxaca and Nayarit.
- Etnika House. It is an art supply store offering unique and original articles to its visitors, from accessories, handbags and home decor. Through excellent service, Etnika House is classified in Tripadvisor as the best place to go shopping in Mazatlan. The appointment is at 50 Sixto Osuna st, Centro.
- Gandava. Located in 616 Constitution st, Centro, in Gandava you will find international and Mexican crafts, handmade musical instruments, jewelry and decorative arts.
- Nidart Gallery. Nidart is a nest of craftsmen founded in 1992 by Rak and Loa as a family workshop to showcase and sell their artwork leather and clay. Located one block from the Angela Peralta Theater, Nidart Gallery offers ceramics, magnets, leather masks, fountains, sculptures and crafts.
Jewelry. If it comes to jewelry, the Golden Zone has a variety of options for all tastes and budgets. Gemstone jewelry, silver, based on marine products and other local materials, the Golden Zone has a large number of high quality shops.
If besides quality looking fashionable and fun jewelry, Plazuela Machado is another good option for you, since the nights of Saturday around the square are placed booths offering different alternatives and at a very good price.
Seafood. If you are interested in taking a sample of the cuisine of our port, in the center of the city one finds a section of women selling fresh seafood and dried shrimp packaged and ready for your trip. Best known as the ‘changueras’, you will find good seafood at a competitive price. Pino Suarez Market also is another excellent option to buy seafood.
Paseo Olas Altas (high waves) placed various stalls with souvenirs from Mazatlan, from a key chain, clothing and pieces carved in wood. Pino Suarez Market, the Golden Zone and the Historical Center are other places that should be on your way.
Clothing. Mazatlan offers a wide range of clothing brands recognized internationally as craft. On your next visit, do not forget to stop by Galleries Mall, Gran Plaza Mall, Pino Suarez Market, City Centre, Golden Zone, where you’ll find sizes, prices and tastes for the whole family.
Supermarket. One of the preferred options for our tourists who have the opportunity to stay in a room that is equipped with a kitchenette, is fill their super in the ‘Mega Comercial’, since the vast variety of products and proximity to the hotel zone, makes it an excellent choice.
Located in the Golden Zone of Mazatlan, Onilikan manufactures five products containing alcohol, 100% natural, made exclusively of mango and blue agave from Sinaloa. During your visit you may be offered a tour for the facilities which will explain the production process is carried out as well as you can taste and buy the products they manufacture.